We are currently on the look for an experienced web developer to join the growing Ayup team.
You will be involved in the creative, discovery and ideation process, whilst employing your technical skills to help create modern, responsive websites with a focus on craftsmanship, quality and usability.
You’ll be working from our studio based in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire (35/45 mins on the train from Manchester and Leeds respectively). We’re a small but growing team of creative and digital folk who are passionate about producing elegant digital solutions.
You’ll be working with friendly bunch of creative and digital types who love to collaborate and push boundaries. You’ll need enthusiasm, creativity, technical imagination and a real interest in the visual aspect of development, pixel perfect precision and technical know-how.
Our core team have a wealth of experience working with big name clients across a range of creative and digital projects, including The FA, BBC, NHS, The Premier League, Leeds City Council and Manchester Pride.
- At least 3 years professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of PHP and Object Oriented Programming
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of responsive design techniques
- Understanding of popular open-source CMS platforms such as Craft CMS, WordPress etc
- Experience in version control via Git
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook etc)
- A keen interest in the application of new trends and software developments
- Attention to detail and the ability to QA own work
- Passion for great user experiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Be independent, disciplined, self motivated, open, honest and flexible
- Experience with server administration, deployment and continuous integration
- Obsessive when it comes to clean, efficient code and site performance
- Experience of working in an agile team
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Based in the beautiful market town of Hebden Bridge – we’re just a short train journey from Manchester and Leeds
- Flexible working hours and atmosphere
- 25 days holiday per year (excluding public holidays)
- Monthly team breakfast/lunch and free fruit in the office
- MacBook laptop, monitor and workstation
- The opportunity and support to get involved with the Code Club network
- Yearly training budget and opportunities to visit conferences
- Opportunities to learn and progress as the company grows
- Burrito Thursdays!